Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Lifestyle Change/ Fridge Overhaul




I'm going through a kind of transition period right now, in my life. I'm getting older and I'm extremely sick of eating bad. I love food. My grandma used to ask "Do you eat to live or do you live to eat?" Hahaha. Back then I would just roll my eyes but, it's a question I've been pondering a lot now. When I was younger I always loved food and probably didn't have the best diet but, I was always naturally thin. As a teenager I would pig out on any and everything. I thought I would never weigh over 120 lbs. (I'm 5'5" for reference). Reality set in when I got pregnant. I gained 40 lbs. My metabolism definitely changed a lot after having my daughter.

Being a mom is amazing. And of course, I love my daughter more than anything. On the other hand, it is extremely hard to get a balance going where you're also taking care of yourself, not just your kids. I've always admired girls who live a super healthy lifestyle. I've just never had the willpower to follow through. I'll eat a couple good meals and then I'll see chocolate and say "Ehhh.. I ate good today, it's not that bad if I have some." Then I'll tell myself "it's not that bad if I just have one scoop of ice cream." Then a friend will want to go to dinner and I'll eat pasta and cheesecake. Hahahaha. I'm not saying you should never indulge but, I can never say no to myself. It's not until recently that I finally decided enough is enough.

I've been pretty consistent with going to the gym but, I finally realized, why work twice as hard if I don't have to? By just changing my eating habits and making my own meals I'm working with myself instead of against myself. It's gotten to the point that, I'm just really unhappy with my body. I want to feel confident in a bikini and in any clothes really. I think the main reason I haven't been blogging about fashion as much is because of the fact I've been so unhappy with how I look in clothes. I just wanna slim down and bulk up a little in the muscle department. Do you know, not kidding here, I think I may no longer have any muscles in my left arm? LOL!!! It's so weak, it's sad. I also really need to learn to cook better. My tastiest recipes are banana bread, chicken & sour cream enchiladas, and buffalo chicken cheese dip. Hahahaha. All amazing, may I point out. Just not amazing for you.

I've finally made the decision I'm going to do this for me. And my health. And I decided to write about it and share my recipes along the way cause I've had a lot of questions on my Instagram. I could also use some moral support. My mom thinks I'm insane and look great how I am. As sweet as that is, I'm the one who sees myself naked. Hahahahaha

On that note, here's my shopping list for everything I bought earlier at Sprouts. For those of you looking to make a change to a healthier lifestyle and eating habits, I'll be posting my meals for this week and recipes!


Raspberries 
Blueberries
2 Mangos
Kiwi 
Pineapple
Green Apples
Bananas
6 lemons 
Limes
6 cups Kale
Avocados 
Cucumbers
Spinach
12 Celery Stalks 
Mushroom 
Asparagus
Onion
Cilantro 
Tomatoes 
2 Liters Coconut Water
Sun dried Tomatoes
Crumbled Goat Cheese
Crumbled Feta
Eggs
Liquid Egg Whites
Almond Milk
Cottage Cheese
Greek Yogurt
Cayenne Pepper Spice
Ground Flaxseed
Dryed Coconut
Quinoa
Almond flour
Cacao Powder
Unsweetened cocoa powder 
Whole wheat pancake mix
Whey protein
Chocolate Whey Protein
Coconut Oil
Agave
Dark chocolate chips
Green Tea Bags
Stevia
Lavender drops
Epsom Salt
Chicken Breast

Supplements
Multivitamin 
Omega 3
Probiotic

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering why you weren't blogging, glad you're back! We actually are going through the same thing. I've gained so much weight, all though I do like it in some places, in most I don't. I tried to do an outfit post today and after looking at the first two pics I said "Hell NO" this isn't working. I started getting into the workout mode but haven't changed my eating habits. I really look forward to your recipes!
    Sorry for the long comment lol

    XO
    Lee
    ItsMissLV.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey love! Yup that's exactly how I feel. I hate looking at my pics lately. Had to make a change but I'm excited to blog about it in the meantime. :)

      Delete
  2. I love this. Perfect for some much needed Inspiration especially for those who see Perfection in you but maybe not in themselves. Lee, we love insightful people with long comments.

    You already know I love you,
    Jen
    ItsMeJCD

    ReplyDelete